The Bee Zen blend includes 8 wildflower species seeds and 4 seed bombs per pack:
- Butterfly Milkweed -Asclepias tuberos
- Lance Leaf Coreopsis - Coreopsis lanceolata
- Wild Lupine - Lupinus perennis
- Blazing Star - Liatris spicata
- Purple Coneflower - Echinacea purpurea
- Evening Primrose - Oenothera perennis
- New England Aster - Symphyotrichum novae-angliae
- Wild Bergamot - Monarda fistulosa
Range: Canada Zone 3-8 (BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, QC, NB, NS, NL, PE)
Unlike annual or pre-established plants, native wildflower seeds take time. Most species will not flower/bloom the first year. The seed bombs are made with a ratio (generally 50/50) of wildflowers that can flower in the first year verse ones that do not. This is why only perennial wildflowers are used. Growing a native garden may not be what you’re used to when gardening. In most cases, the first year will look like green plants.
One seed bomb covers one square foot, for the first year. The perennials spread out a little each year over time.